Thursday, June 5, 2008

Acclimation

Zoe: I'm exhausted and it's all your fault.

Lia: Why...because I was doing my job to protect you and Mommy and our house?

Zoe: We kept telling you to ignore it - it was no big deal...

Lia: The BIG BANG? The skies and the universe were exploding...I couldn't ignore it!!! I had to pace and bark and pace and bark and pace and....



Zoe: Those were fireworks! ..people were celebrating because the Red Wings won the Stanley Cup last nite. It's how some humans show their happiness. And you can't bark all night - you have to acclimate yourself to how they react.

Lia: holyshit. I'm glad Mommy doesn't have fireworks when she's happy....I'd be a wreck! And I don't think I'll be able to stop myself from trying to protect you guyz. Man...I'm pooped too.

Zoe: Then we need to take some long naps today.

Lia: Yah...to recover from my active night...

Zoe: (no...to prep for July 4th.....cannnnnnnn't wait!)