Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Living in Peace

* * * * *
by Moira McLaughlin, of Dog Art Today
January 10th, 2011



"I'm having difficulty not reading everything about Saturday's massacre in Tucson.   And it's making me sick. So I am posting some peaceful images today.  Dog, man, and chickens coexisting in harmony.  My friend Trish "Farm Girl" Meyler took these photos last week shortly after one of her hens inexplicably died.  She reported that the other girls were squawking their heads off in great distress.  Even chickens, not considered the most intelligent animals, registered that loss of life means something.  While, once again, a lone white gunman, who doesn't have the same capacity to feel even the most basic regard for life that a chicken has, was allowed to purchase a technologically-tricked-out killing device and open fire.

We are in serious trouble."









I love Moira's character and in this post, she stole my very thoughts - but now with the chicken comparison, she out-wisdom'd me! Her art history knowledge, her humor, her art - I respect it all.  (plus this is where Zoe and I won a dog photo contest a while back)....

http://www.dogarttoday.com/


* * * * *