Monday, December 28, 2009

Plans for a Decade

Zoe: So...Christmas is over and a new decade is upon us - we should make plans.

Lia: Ok. Where do YOU want to go on vacation this year?

Zoe: No...I mean...like...a bigger picture - plans for a decade.

Lia: Oh, I don't know...I think we handle the backyard quite well - from the back door to the fence out yonder...and we know every board from the back porch and the stairs leading to the lawn...

Zoe: WHAT are you talking about?


Lia: I don't think we need a deck aid at all - we know every inch of our deck and back yard and we don't need any help protecting it....now...what plans would you like to make for the new year?
/
Zoe: I want you to go look up the definition of resolution. Then I want you to make a resolution to not speak unless you've looked something up in the dictionary BEFORE you give your opinion.
.
Lia: And I want us to go to the lake more this summer. There! Good Plans!
.
Zoe: (****sniff...sniff...boooo hoo...sniff...***)
* * * * * * * * * *