Sunday, May 11, 2008

To The One Before Us




Lia: Who is that?
Zoe: Her name is Ali. She was Mommy's companion for 11+ years.
Lia: Did you ever meet her?


Zoe: Yes. She was old, but she taught me ALOT: how to get belly rubs in Mommy's bed in the morning; how to get treats by looking cute/sad or by doing tricks; how to chase squirrels and rabbits; how to tell people to get out of Livonia when they're near the fence; how to go swimming in the fish pond...mostly, how to love.

Lia: Can I meet her?

Zoe: Well...not in person...but she's all over the house...pictures and her spirit. I would go so far as to say in this house she was like...my own Mom.. sorta.

Lia: Then we should wish her and all the other Moms a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!

Zoe: In Ali's honor and with your big mouth, I think you just did.

Lia: I did good.
Zoe: (I admit...this time....you did.)