Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I'm just sayin'

* * * * *

Lia: So, can I ask you sumthin?

Zoe: Sure.

Lia: Do you always understand Mommy?

Zoe: Heck no. We're not human - we don't speak that language. Why?




Lia: I dunno. I get alot of things she says when she talks TO us. Good Girl. Come. Sit. Do you want a cookie? I get all that...

Zoe: Sure - repeated mantras; you learned it with treats, you Pavlov's dog! So what's the problem?

Lia: Well - she says things like "you have the most beautiful face in the world"...or..."Lia, get your butt back here so I can wipe those paws"..body parts....I understand those...

Zoe: Aaannnnd????
Lia: So I'm a little frustrated that I don't know where other body parts are.

Zoe: WHAT THE HECK are you TALKING about????

Lia: Y'know...things like "Where's your knee?"

Zoe: That's not what she said, Whale Fat.

Lia: Oh, smarty pants? What'd she say?

Zoe: She said, "Where's Ernie?"

Lia: Who's Ernie???



Zoe: I don't have a clue.

* * * * *