Monday, November 24, 2008

Dog Art Today
November 24, 2008

Candy Adams + Zoe Win Photo Album Contest!


Zoe

Congratulations to Dog Art Today reader, Candy Adams, who won my Angels With Fur Photo Album Contest. Candy's name was selected at random from everyone who submitted photos to my new online album. To be honest Candy might have won if it were an actual photography contest. I simply love this sweet close up of her pup, Zoe, whom she described as:

"Feisty, Fearless, believes her 12 pound body is as big as an 80 pound Lab! My little rescue learns so quickly, is my loyal companion and I'm honoured to have her love...AND all of this is wrapped up in FUNNY! She starts my day with a laugh and ends my day with a smile; it doesn't get any better!"

Candy told me she has an interest in learning more about photography, but claimed she just "got lucky" with this terrific Zoe photo. I told her that I don't believe in luck when it comes to composition and having a good eye. I definitely think she should pursue her interest and I think winning this contest is a sign that she is headed in the right direction.
For her prize, Candy chose one of my all time most popular designs, The Striped Dachshund Puppy. It's kind of hard to see on the mug.

Here is the full image available as a print at my Etsy store...

It is also available on t-shirts, baby clothes, pillows, greeting cards, tote bags and ornaments at my CafePress store.

Thank you, everyone who entered. I can't tell you how fun it was to open my email and meet all these fabulous dogs, each one so precious and individual. I also enjoyed getting to know many of you who regularly read my blog who I didn't know by name. Please feel free to share any comments and suggestions with me. I love hearing from you.
P.S. The contest is over, but you can always submit your dog to my Angels With Fur Album. All dogs are welcome.

Dog Art Today is devoted to daily dog art from around the world. Features include contemporary dog art, the history of dogs in art, dog art auctions, books, posters, fashion and decor. It's the perfect place to find an artist to paint, sculpt or photograph your pet.

*****