Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Echo

* * * * *





Echo's story as written by his owner: Echoes of Ireland, aka Echo, is a deaf white boxer who not only is beautiful, but saves his owners life. Echo is a service dog. I have a seizure disorder and Echo can alert me ahead of time so that I can get to a safe position before an attack. Echo knows about 50 hand signals and goes everywhere with me, including flying to Richmond VA to visit family.
Echo is a credit to his breed and to dogs in general. Without him I would not have near as much freedom to go places, visit family, etc.

Echo came to me as a 6 week old puppy when his breeder discovered he was deaf. I am a dog trainer, specializing in deaf dogs and so I happily took him in. By the time he was 7 months old Echo was alerting to my attacks. I simply rewarded him and encouraged the behavior and soon I had a wonderful companion who helps keep me safe.

In my opinion, Echo is the greatest dog EVER and I thank him every day for the freedom that having him has allowed me.

via DogsDeserveBetter
* * * * *